Standing or Recurring Orders
Alberta Precision Laboratories (APL) provides a standing (recurring) order service for patients who need to have laboratory testing on a repeated basis (e.g. weekly, monthly, bimonthly) as ordered by a physician.
Requirements for a standing order:
- Patient has a valid AB PHN# (out of province patients and coded patients do not qualify)
- Requests are routine (not stat collections)
- Effective (start) date is indicated
- End date indicated is not more than one year from the effective date (if no end date is indicated, APL will add an expiry date of one year from the time of the initial visit)
- Frequency of testing is indicated
- Responsible practitioner is indicated
Upon expiry of a recurring order requisition, the patient and/or practitioner will be notified and asked to provide a new requisition if continued testing is required.
A new requisition will be required prior to the expiry date if updates or changes are required.